Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 1

Monday January 23rd, 2012

   I woke up this morning with the smell of freshly brewed coffee in my mind. At 5:30am I could help but to think of only having my coffee. Since, I have been back at work drinking coffee on the way to work has been my ritual. I am here to tell you that drinking cold water on my way to work when its freezing outside doesn't even compare to fresh coffee. I think this is going to be a struggle, but one well worth taking for 21 days. 
  
By mid morning I was sitting at work, and a gentleman I work with started making fresh popcorn right next to my office. I have never wanted popcorn and soda so bad in my life. At this point I was thinking to myself, "Katy you have to have way more willpower than this. By the end of the three batches of popcorn he made and an hour of smelling the fresh popcorn I finally when to the fridge in the break room and pulled out a banana. I must admit it felt really great to watch all the other snack on their popcorn while I ate my banana. It was that moment when I realized this is not so bad, and I know I can do it. 


In the afternoon I was feeling really good about myself except for the massive headache that I could not take Tylenol for. I knew Daniel did not hae Tylenol to take so I decided I would not have any either any either.

Dinner time came and Tony made me whole wheat pasta with Sauce made from tomatoes and tomato paste. It was so good. The texture was a little different, but I enjoyed it very much.

By the end of the day it did not seem so bad. Only 20 days to go!!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing something more then i could do. I would like to have discapline with things of this nature but i just dont want to. So i say good for you.

    ReplyDelete