Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Skating Beauty

Saturday night (January 21st), Lillian and I met up with Mallori and some friends from work. I was looking forward to this night for a couple of reasons. Here is the story behind it...

Growing up, every Friday night, Mallori and I would go to Skateport from 7pm-11pm. My parents would take us and Mallori's parents would pick us up. We would never go without each other. This was the popular thing to do at the time and I got really good at rollerblading. I became very fast at it, and would always speed skate. Mallori and I stopped going during the summer of 8th grade, and going tonight would bring back so many fun memories. When walking through the doors, it was hard to believe I was returning, this time with my child. I was so happy Mallori was there to share it with me. The skating rink looked exactly the same as it did the last time I skated there in 8th grade! 

I think Lillian is going to take after me, as far as skating goes. This was her first time going, and by the end of the visit, I was not allowed to hold her at all. Lillian was skating so fast. She had a great time and did not want to leave. On our way home, she asked when we could go again. I hope I can continue to take her. At this rate, she will be speed skating in no time. We had such a great time. I am so proud of my skating beauty. 





No comments:

Post a Comment