Saturday, January 21, 2012

Things that give me pleasure

Ok, after my last post I decided that I should remind myself of the things that make me very happy. So, here they are... 

  • The smell of a baby just out of the tub
  • Chocolate covered strawberries
  • Candles 
  • Snuggling with my kiddos in the rocking chair 
  • Campbell sleeping in my arms
  • The first time my kids said "Mamma"
  • Hearing Kerrington and Lillian yell, "Mommy's here!" when I pick them up from my Mom's
  • The nights my Mom has one of the girls spend the night so I can catch a little break
  • Unexpected, "Mommy I love you"
  • Looking at pictures, old and new
  • Reading a great book
  • Watching my girls dance
  • Eating home cooked meals almost every night
  • A productive work day 
  • Being told I did a great job on something
  • A clean house
  • Keeping up with laundry
  • Story time 
  • When Lillian says her prayers
  • Music 
  • Writing
  • Time with my extended family
  • The friends I can count on no matter what
  • Having a husband that understands me 
 It is so easy to forget these things when life is crazy. One of my goals this year is to concentrate on the things that bring me joy instead of the things that upset me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment