Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lillian goes to sibling class!

Lillian on Saturday got to attend a sibling class at the hospital. The class was for 3-5 year olds who were expecting a little baby brother or sister. She was very excited to go. Before leaving the house she picked out a baby doll to take with her. I was happy to be able to attend the class with her. 

Anywhere I go that involves walking  I have to ride in a wheelchair. Lillian really enjoys sitting next to me in the wheelchair and be pushed. It's not so bad when you're the one getting pushed. I remember pushing Sheree around in the wheelchair, and it was awful trying to get that thing around. I do not miss it. I am anxious to go somewhere with her so she can see where I'm coming from....


They started the class with giving each child a toilet paper roll, and some toys. If the toy could fit through the roll it was too small for a baby. If it did not fit in roll it was ok for a baby to have. I loved this idea, and we are going to use this at home. 

At the class Lillian got to make two crafts. The first one was a bear with balloons that will get turned into a plate. Second, was a sign to put on the baby's bed in the hospital. After the crafts she got to go see  the newborn nursery, and see the babies. I don't think she realized how small a newborn really is. After seeing the nursery they took them into a hospital room to show where I would stay when the baby is born. She was a little bored with that part, because I have already been in the hospital room twice. I think she would have been eligible to give that tour. We finished the class with snack and a movie. I thought it was a great class, and glad I got to attend it  with her. I was really sad Kerrington could not go she would've loved it. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Walking into class

Waiting for classmates

Holding bean bag to see how much a newborn weighs

Trying toys in toilet paper roll
Coloring paper for plate

Making sign for baby's bed

Looking at babies in nursery

Showing off her certificate for completing class
Lillian and Mom decorating toilet paper roll for home! I love how she likes to make everything pretty!



1 comment: