Sunday, December 18, 2011

Poppy gives girls $10.00 each

The girls were at my parents house the other day when Poppy gave the girls each $10.00. They were thrilled. We never give them money so this was a special treat for them. Tony's parents have given them money one time too. Those are the only two times I can think of that they were given money. Lilllian and my Mom were talking about the money, and it was decided that Lillian would get Poppy a Christmas present with it. She could hardly wait to get to the store to purchase my Dad something. Kerrington was also very excited to get Poppy something too. 

This morning the three of us headed out the door to Walmart. Tony stayed back with Campbell. We got to Walmart and Lillian decided she would buy something for Nana too. Lillian told me she would spend $5.00 on Nana, and $5.00 on Poppy. I got to thinking she did the math in her head. I had no idea she could do numbers that high in her head! I will not share what the girls got them, but it was very fun. I was so happy they were willing to spend money on others , and not for them. Next year I want to adopt a family. I think it would be so much fun, and such a great learning experience for the girls.Hope you enjoy the pictures of our shopping trip. 






3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Soooo sweet!! I bet they had a ball! Lillian is one smart cookie! Love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely NOT surprised at the little calculator in her head! Love how they wanted to spend it on Nana & Poppy :) priceless & precious. It's so fun to shop for others!!!!
    Merry Christmas Lee Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely the sweetest thing I have ever heard! Oh, how I love those precious girls!!!

    ReplyDelete