Saturday, December 10, 2011

Campbell is one month old!!

I know I am a little late posting this, but I have just been really busy. I can't believe our little guy is over a month old now. He is doing great. On Thursday the nurse came out to our house to get his vitals, and to give him his second Synagis shot. The Synagis shot is given to all preemies 35 weeks and younger. It is to protect against the RSV virus. These shots can only be given through a home health agency due to cost of the vaccine ( $3,500 per shot). He will be given one every 28 days until the end of flu season. Thank goodness for insurance. 

Campbell now weighs 6lbs 11oz, and is 20 inches long. He is staring to go a little longer in between feedings, and is taking closer to 4oz per feeding. We are still giving him the higher calorie formula, and he is still using his special needs bottle which is for babies who have a hard time eating. I will be taking him to the speech therapists on the 19th of this month to discuss if he's ready to transition over to a regular bottle. He will be getting his next set of labs done on his kidneys the end of this month too. We are staying pretty busy! I am looking forward to less appointments, and healthy kidneys.


Sleeping? Well, what's that? I am getting some sleep. Tony is a night owl so he's stays up to do the late feeding around 11pm, and I follow with the rest. I have been trying to go to bed between 8 and 9. I look extremely forward to the weekends, because Tony is home. Today, all 3 kids took a 3 hour nap at the same time. Tony and I also got a 3 hour nap. I was very thankful for that nap. It was way overdue for the both of us. 


The girls and I went to Barnes and Noble Friday night for story time. It was The Polar Express. My Mom met us there. It was nice to get out of the house with the girls. Tonight I took them out again, and we went and looked at Christmas lights. The really wish they had lights on their house. I enjoy just looking at them. As we approach this holiday season I am looking forward to seeing my three children on Christmas Day, and celebrating my brother's first Christmas in Heaven. I can only imagine how awesome that will be for him. I am so thankful for Tony's and I families. We love them all so much, and are very lucky to have such great support. As always enjoy the pictures. 




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Campbell is already a month old. Sheesh!!! Anytime you want me to come over and take care of Campbell for you while you rest I will!! Even for a whole day :) love the pictures

    ReplyDelete