Sunday, August 21, 2011

Making my own soap!

 I have become quite the blogger, and enjoy reading other blogs filled with DIY ideas. I came across a blog the other day where a lady started making her own laundry detergent. I thought it was an awesome idea! 

The next day, I went to the store and purchased the three ingredients I needed. The three ingredients were less then half of the price of laundry detergent. Not only do I love this stuff, but I am saving a TON of money at the same time. I did do a lot of research to make sure it was safe for our HE washer. The soap has been used several times, and I love how the clothes feel. There is no scent to soap, so I added a few drops of essential oil to the load. I don't think I will ever buy laundry detergent again!



After making the laundry detergent, I started wondering what else I could make to save money. I went on to make dishwasher soap and an all purpose cleaner. I have loved all three of the products. Hope you enjoy some pics of the girls helping me make our new chemical free soaps! 
Our Ingredients

Kerrington measuring and pouring

Lillian doing her measurements



Mixing it all up!

Kerrington mixing it all up

Added laundry soap to container!
 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I'm so addicted to pinterest and finding neat ideas. I want to do the laundry detergent and I'm almost out of what I normally buy so I'm totally doing it! Glad to hear you used it and loved it. Please do a post of what else you've made! The ice cream shop is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been soooo way behind on reading your blog, but boy am I impressed! Way to go Mom! Love your creative ideas. Play Doh is a must have in EVERY home. I use baking soda for lots of things, it's great. I also use vinegar for lots of things. I have to admit I am addicted to the smell of commercial laundry detergent...
    But you are a great inspiration!! Keep up the great posts!!
    Tell the girls hello & Campbell, too :)

    ReplyDelete