Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Campbell's Growth Chart

What kid doesn't enjoy a growth chart? It's something that they can enjoy marking on every year to see how much they are growing. I thought a growth chart would be perfect for my little man's room. 

I got this idea online, and changed a couple things to make it my own. I love how it looks like a ruler. I wish I could take all the credit in making it, but I had a lot of help. Here's how it was done:

First, I went to Lowes and purchased a 8ft board.  Then, I took it to my Dad, who sanded it down with one of his tools. After it was sanded down, I picked out a stain, and went to work. After the stain was dried, I had to leave while Tony and Dad sprayed it with a clear coat. They thought breathing in all the chemicals was not such a great idea for me. The next day, it was ready for its marks. My Mom and I made the marks with a black paint pen. This was a very tricky process. The final step was sticking the mailbox numbers on my board. 

I was so pleased with how it turned out. It looks great in his room. I still have to hang it (after I make a few touch-ups). I would like to thank my parents for helping me out! I guess I will thank Tony too :)
Sanding

The staining process

More staining

Clear coating
Making the marks

The final project

3 comments:

  1. You did so good, I looove that! I pinned something like that on pinterest...imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!
    That was a true family project, it took a lot of loving hands :)

    ReplyDelete