Monday, August 22, 2011

Lillian meets her teacher!

Wow, this summer sure has gone by fast. I can't believe my Lillian will be starting Pre-K this year. This is the last year she will be in preschool. Where has time gone? I can't believe I will have a five year old in April. Kind of makes me teary-eyed thinking about how fast time flies.

A few days ago, we headed up to her school to meet her new teacher and drop off school supplies. The parents attended orientation while the kiddos watched a movie in the gym. I thought that was a great idea, and Lillian really enjoyed watching a movie. 

This year, her teachers name is Mrs.Vicky. She was very nice, and has a four year old of her own. I think she will be a great teacher. She had all the kids write their name on a piece of paper to see their progress. Lillian wrote her name very well. We got to talk to Mrs. Vicky for a while, and Lillian really felt comfortable around her. This Friday will be her first day of school. Even though it's Pre-K, it's hard for a Momma. I love to watch her grow, but sometimes I feel like it's moving way too fast. 

Cheers to a new school year, and thank you to the wonderful teachers out there who dedicate their lives to teaching our children. I have several relatives in my family who are teachers, and I am so blessed to have such wonderful ladies in my life!!  







Lillian with her teacher


Putting her school supplies in cubby.

2 comments:

  1. so cute. I'm sure she's an amazing student!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I just love that little girl!!! Can't believe how fast she's growing up!!!

    ReplyDelete