Saturday, May 12, 2012

Smartie Pants

Two weeks ago Lillian went for her Kindergarten screening. This is a screening process they do in Nixa for all students attending Kindergarten in the fall. They use this a guidline. This is my first time ever going to a Kindergarten screening. Here is how it went down.. 

We walked in the front doors of the administration building. Lillian signed in, and they took it right back. They parents don't attend. They took Lillian back, and then I had to fill out paperwork, and talk to the school nurse. I thought this was going to be somewhat of a fast process. Little did I know one hour went by, and Lillian was still not back out to the waiting room. I was starting to wonder what was going on. I was sitting next to another Mom who insured me that this does take a long time. I felt better. Finally ten more minutes went by, and there she comes! The teacher came out laughing, and Lillian seemed worn out. 

I went back to another room, and they went over Lillian's report with me. She scored a 99%, and she would have scored 100%. Here is why she did not score 100%. The last activity Lillian had to do was count out loud. Lillian can count to 20 with no problems at all. She got to 12,and looked up at the teacher and said, " I can count more than that, but I am done with this." This explains why the teacher was laughing when Lillian came out. That's my girl. I am so proud of her. Way to go Sis. 

Ok, here is my confession... I did cry in the car on the way there. Here is a picture of my big girl.
 

2 comments:

  1. That still cracks me up. I can't believe she will be a kindergartner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Lillian your teachers will love you kiddo!!

    ReplyDelete